Isaiah 32: 17
Three words stick out in our text this morning…
– Righteousness…. the quality or state of being morally correct, or justifiable.
– Peace…. internal tranquility; freedom from disquieting or oppressive thoughts or fear.
– Forever… a long, long time.
Righteousness is an absolute. There are none righteous. Except the One. His name is Jesus the Christ. And He is a sharer.. The way He shared His righteousness was by His death and resurrection. The cross of suffering, pain, and death. He took all that so that you and I could have His righteousness placed on us, which results in peace.. forever.. unfathomable… But it is not automatic….
There are steps to receive this righteousness..this justification.
– Admit you are a sinner – unrighteous. Come before Him as a beggar, with nothing to bring to the table.
– Believe in Christ and His perfect sinless life, He was man, but He was also God in the flesh.
The last step is of utmost importance, because there are many who may believe the first two, who never complete the last step.
– Confess these things to Christ, ask for forgiveness of those sins, and ask Him to save you from God’s wrath to come on the world. (Romans 10:9)
I hope you’ve done that.. Then, you will be righteous, with His righteousness,.. justified through His blood on that old cross. Then… you will have peace, quietness, and trust.. forever. Forever is a long, long time my friends..
Verse 17 “And the effect of righteousness will be peace, and the result of righteousness, quietness and trust forever.”